Tuesday

How Can I Hide My Sorrow?




How Can I Hide My Sorrow?
            By Farahnaz

I am an Afghan girl,
Tears in my eyes, pen in hand,
Writing from my heart.

That heart, full of sorrow,
Pain, grief, sores,
How can I hid my sorrow?

No one understands me
Or feels my sadness.
No one smoothes ointment on my wounds.

How can I hide the sorrow
That fills me,
When my heart is
Exploding
            Exploding
                        Exploding




Pabot, Susannah E., comp. The Sky Is a Nest of Swallows. First ed. Belleville, 2012.
Afghan Women Writer's Project: http://awwproject.org/
Available on Amazon

You are reading: One Million Girls, please help support the blog by Following- www.milliongirls.blogspot.com 
You may also follow the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/100milliongirls
I post articles and information about women and children almost daily on the Facebook page.
On Twitter @100milliongirls 
 I also have a poetry blog, Poet on Poetrywww.poetonpoetry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will respond shortly. Comments are moderated on this blog due to some unfortunate experiences with triple XXX type posters.